Vehicle Noise Testing
- Full legal pass-by noise testing site - ISO approved surface
- All world test procedures covered
- Bruel & Kjaer pass-by noise system with radar speed / position sensing equipment
- Transport for London (TfL) recognised site for internal and external noise testing
- Pulsation rig for exhaust system preconditioning
- Tests conducted on-site or at customer specified locations
- ECE Directive 76/156
- Regulation 51 (H)
- Pass-by Noise Testing
- Drive-by Noise Testing
Pass-by noise testing facilities allow the testing of all types of vehicle to any world or customer-derived standards. This work is carried out on our purpose built external noise test site that features an ISO approved noise site surface and using the Bruel & Kjaer pass-by noise system with radar speed / position sensing equipment. This is combined with the latest generation software to measure left & right side overall vehicle noise, engine speed and road speed all plotted vs. distance.
Millbrook facilities also include a Pressure Pulsation rig & accompanying full scale chassis dynamometer that will allow for exhaust system preconditioning prior to the testing which can be witnessed by our on-site VCA Inspector if required.
Our noise site is recognised by Transport for London (TfL) for conducting both internal and external noise testing to the latest TfL standards and our internal noise testing includes results analysis using the latest generation multi-channel noise equipment. All external and internal noise testing can be conducted on-site or at customer specified locations as our testing equipment is highly portable which allows a highly flexible approach to noise development testing.
- Acoustic testing in a semi-anechoic chamber
- Extensive noise and vibration analysis capability
Acoustic tests can be carried out in a 6m x 8m x 4m semi-anechoic chamber, with a 250 Hz cut-off frequency. Full width and height vehicle access doors are a key feature of the facility and can be accompanied by a full range of services & expertise in Noise and Vibration analysis.
For more information about Noise Testing please call Darren Carter on +44 (0) 1525 408353 or email email@example.com, or call our Business Development Team on +44 (0) 1525 408408.
Back to Vehicle Test.